Liz was not a fan of cereal. Thank goodness we have an awesome allergist/pediatrician who advised us we could try new foods daily, instead of every few days. Liz loved green beans, sweet potatoes, and bananas.
Because of Liz's shoulder getting stuck during birth, she had a condition called Torticollis. One side of her neck seemed kinked, so she didn't turn her head that was and favored the other side. This made tummy time a nightmare. I found out that if I put the boppy under her arms, that at least helped a little.
This was the scariest day of my life. One night, I felt gross and went to UrgentCare. I found out I had pneumonia. The next day, Liz seemed sick. I decided to take her in too. The doctor at the UC clinic said it was early stage pneumonia and prescribed an antibiotic. The next morning, I woke up and noticed Liz was having breathing problems. I called her Ped's office. They said they could get me in at 900. I was nervous, so I called my mom. I told my mom that Liz was breathing 100-120 breaths per minute. My mom told me to put the phone to Liz's chest. When I got back on the line, she told me to take her in NOW. I packed Liz and myself up, got in the car, and drove to the Ped's office. When I came in and they saw how bad she was doing, they got her in right away. My Ped stepped out of a consultation and took a look. She told me to be prepared. They were going to try a neb treatment, but if that didn't work, we'd be heading to PCMC. About an hour later, she wasn't doing better and they called an ambulance. I called my mom to let her know we were on our way. We got into the ER and the physician that came in was one we had seen a few weeks before in the ER for another illness. She told me they would run tests and let us know what was going on. I sat there with my mom, dad, and Liz, heartbroken that my baby was so sick. My wonderful brother came up before work to give Liz a blessing. It put my mind at ease. Dr Soprano came in and let us know it was RSV and we would be admitted. We were there for a night in the Med Surg dept. The nurses were great and Liz handled it better than expected. By the next afternoon, they told us we could go home as long as we had a company come provide oxygen for Liz. She was on oxygen for a week, but was back to normal much sooner. I am so grateful to have PCMC so close. They are amazing!

Thank goodness for Erika and her cute pregnant belly. They kept us company at the hospital. Liz wasn't so sure about the heat packs to make it easier to start an IV.








No comments:
Post a Comment