So the last few months have been busy. In January, my co-refunder Mario quit. That left Lynn and I to do refund for B, D, and E. B and D are huge hospitals and have 10+ requests per day and both hospitals have hugs credit balances, which are a bad thing. E is not so bad, except their accountant can be a jerk. So Lynn and I were trying really hard and getting a lot of work done and working well. Then, after being told by my boss that we were not moving offices since the business office director got the ax, Dustin and I decided to sell my car. And yes, Mrs. Potts is no more. (That is what Caleen and I named my car on our road trip to York, NE.) She is now owned by a Snow College Student. So then I start driving the Jeepster to work and every where else, but that is when the trouble started... One day I ran to the grocery store and came out and found my Jeep against another car. That was my first (official) car accident and no one was in either car. So can't complain there... Dustin tried teaching me how to drive a manual, but his teaching style and my learning style don't mesh well. I figured, "Eh, driving the Jeep to work everyday? No problem. Work is only three miles away." Then we got notified a few days later that my office was relocating... I was so ticked. When I told Dustin, he was equally ticked. So Lynn took some time off for some personal stuff and was out six weeks. So that left me working hospital B, D, and E during the move until I broke down and my boss gave E to the fourth refunder who I will be referring to as L. I was even more angry because L had the two smallest, easiest hospitals. I was in a total panic. Then my boss said, "We're bringing in a temp to help you." And I thought, "Thank goodness." But the thought escaped me that I would have to train her... So along with hospital B and D, I was training one, then two employees. The six weeks of that crap put so much stress on Dustin and I. I hated it! I was always in a horrible mood and I've been gaining weight like crazy and I'm not eating bad stuff, but that wasn't helping anything either. Then Lynn came back and decided the hour plus commute from her house to work and then the additional hour back to her house wasn't worth it, so she quit. I miss her so bad! I was really fed up with my company so I started job hunting around November last year, but nothing stuck... until recently. Work just got worse and worse, especially after the move. Finally, ARUP asked me to interview and I jumped on the chance and four weeks later, I got the job. This is my last week at my current employer. Today is my last Monday! Woohoo! I'm so excited! Then it's a week off, then I start with ARUP with a 7-on, 7-off shift. I'm so happy! I can finally get my house clean! Lol! I never knew stress could make a person such a zombie!
In other news... The lady I used to make jewelry with decided she and her husband, who had a stroke earlier this year, were going to move to Panama... Don't ask me why Panama was chosen, but it was. Erika and I threw around the idea of taking it over, but decided to do our own business. So with the help of the best investor in the world, my wonderful Dad, we started That's A'more Designs! (www.ThatsAmoreDesigns.com) We are really in the production phase, but are adding stuff weekly. We are doing typewriter key jewelry, rubber, swarovski, stone, and a lot of other fun stuff! Check it out! I've been dying to get working, but we are getting stocked and what not. I'm super excited about our latest idea... The Precious Memories Collection... It is a line of women's, and hopefully soon, men's jewelry for those who have lost a child, whether it be from miscarriage, stillbirth, or after birth. It hits so close to home since we know many who have lost in all those stages. It's not a mourning piece, but a memorial piece. These can also be for those who have lost anyone loved one, parents, grandparents, sibling, etc. I'm hoping we can really get this off the ground since I have not really seen anything like it and it is an important part of the grieving process.
Also, Dustin and I celebrated our anniversary by going to Lava Hot Springs in Idaho. It was a lot of fun, but primarily a relaxing weekend since we went to Yellowstone the weekend before. Lava was really nice. It is itty-bitty and next time we will go on the weekend when there is more to do. Unfortunately, we didn't win the lottery... Darn... No house in Heber with a massive garage, two motorcycles, a Challenger, Camaro, and Monster Truck... Lol! It's funny to have that discussion... "If we won the lottery, I'd..." Cause it can make a perfectly content couple fight over $44 million dollars that really belongs to Idaho. But we still had a lot of fun. Then when we got home, he took me to the animal shelter to get a new family member... a kitten! Her name is Chewy... I know, it sounds strange, but when you hold your hand a certain way, our dog Copper makes this noise like Chubaca on Star Wars, so we thought... Chewy would be a funny name... And we also watch Chelsea Lately.
Oh, and since I suck at driving a manual vehicle, Dustin and I bought a Corolla. I'm liking it a lot so far. It's nice and automatic and it has the coolest plastic guard on the back bumper so you don't scratch the bumper when you put stuff in the trunk! Lol! Isn't it funny what gets you excited when you are a grown up? Bumper guards, sales in the butcher section, tax returns...
Oh adulthood...
📹 Free Download The Spirit Full Movie
7 years ago

3 comments:
Your jewelry is really cute! We have a corolla and I love it.
Fun times! I need to get an update on mine too. :)
My Mother-in-law worked for AARUP before she moved away. Hopefully it ends up being a better company than where you're at. I've already got my eyes on a couple pairs of your earrings, and someday I swear I'll buy some! Also, come on, even I can drive a stick! :)
Post a Comment