So I know I've been a major slacker when Dustin said to me, "You know, you haven't updated our blog since May." Haha! Oops! So in the next few days, hopefully, I'll be updating all of my two readers on what in the world has been going on!
So, since May...
The beginning of June, I graduated from SLTATC with a Certificate in Electrocardiography Technician, Phlebotomy Technician, and Medical Laboratory Technician. I was in the last class of SLTATC before stupid SLCC took over and screwed things up.
On June 26th, we put the old lady down... Yes, Tootsie's health had deteriorated so much that it was time. When the Vet took her pain away, she said she believes Tootsie had torn the ligaments in her knee. She was an awesome dog and we all miss her.
Then, unfortunately, at the end of June, my wonderful Grandpa was put in the hospital with some respiratory problems. He would do well for a day or two, then take a turn for the worst. I tried to visit him everyday, but I didn't as much as I wish I would have. So they did a tracheotomy and after two days, he decided he'd had enough, which I understand. For the last few days of June, we just made sure he was comfortable, then on July 1st, 2009, my Grandpa, Calvin Douglas Edwards, went to be with God. The days following have been really hard. I don't mean to sound selfish, but I just wanted him at my wedding so bad. Its been hard to go to Grandma's house and know he wont be there. A few days after he passed, Dustin took me away for a day fishing, after we finished, we went to Grandma's and that's when it really hit me. Dustin has been amazing the whole time. He lost his Grandpa when he was fifteen, so he knows what its like. I couldn't have made it without him. There are moments he and I had together following Grandpa's passing that are too sacred to me to share.
As always, God has been there for strength, along with my family and Dustin, to help me through. I spent a long time job hunting after graduating, and got a job on my first interview! I started my new job in mid July. I am the Refund Specialist for Jordan Valley Medical Center and Pioneer Valley Hospital. It's been a moderate job. I am often disappointed in the job due to no teamwork within the departments, but if I stay positive and kiss a little butt, I might be able to turn things around. The job is about four years back logged, so if you've been to Pioneer Valley Hospital or Jordan Valley Medical Center lately and paid at the time of service, call the Business Office. You might just be getting some moolah back!
The last couple weeks and months have been stressful, just due to the fact that there's just over two weeks until Dustin and I get married, and I still have a lot to do. Plus, as is usual with relationship stages, things change and I've realized how much more cutesy things I need to do for Dustin like I did when we started dating. It's already paid off! We both are now doing more sweet things for each other and that has just decreased my stress level SSSOOO much!! Now I'm planning the most exciting thing for Dustin and my first full day as husband and wife. We're going to go to Park City, get all dressed up, and I'm going to take him to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. I'm so excited!
Oh, and on the 27th, I'll reveal our great, fantastic, wonderful news! I just want to make sure the ink is dry. :)
I'll be posting some more stuff soon!
📹 Free Download The Spirit Full Movie
7 years ago

4 comments:
It's good to finally hear how you're doing!
I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa and Tootsie. I can completely understand how you feel about wanting your Grandpa at your wedding; I had a similar situation. One of my grandpas passed a couple years before the wedding, and Opi's MS had him in the hospital during the wedding.
We're looking forward to your wedding!
Great update! Sorry to hear about Tootsie! Sounds like you've been through a lot in the last few months! Good luck with the wedding plans!
I like to see updates! I'm glad that things are going well for you. I'm excited for your bridal shower on Saturday!
About time!! I love reading updates.
Post a Comment