(I initially wrote this in November, but I notived today that it didn't post. So here it is!)
So Dustin and I have been married for two months, I definately thought by know I'd be use to his crazy four on, four off, four pm to four am schedule, but I'm so not! I never thought I could be so lonely! Screw peace and quiet! Usually by the third night of him working, I'm done with him being gone. Call it Newlywed-itis, call it Honey Mooner Syndrome, call it what ever you want, but its a pain! Like right now, I'm sitting in my kitchen, pretty much cause thats the only place I can access the neighbors internet connection, but the only noises are the occasional dog collar jingle from a dog readjusting their sleep position, or the furnace kicking on, which, by the way, is very scary in a new house. So now I am contimplating what in the heck to do... I know I want to watch Biggest Loser, but not alone... again... Hmmph... And dinner. I thought I'd be fine cooking for one. But its sad. I'm scared I might adopt ten cats and hide them on the days Dustin's home, but then when he's working become the crazy cat lady who sits on the porch yelling jibberish, with one knee high that's found its way around my ankle, and a sun dress that is so old and blue hair...
📹 Free Download The Spirit Full Movie
7 years ago

4 comments:
Oh gosh the first year of our marriage we both worked nights, but I only had to work 3 (since I worked 12 hour shifts) and Phil had to do 5 so I was super lonely at night too cause I couldn't sleep cause I was used to the night schedule. So the time I would be awake was at night....I watched way too much nick at night. I really really hated it. That's actually why I wanted to get cats, so we got them and it didn't last long cause I ended up getting pregnant and I couldn't change their litter so my mother in law adopted them and still has them. Anyway, I'm glad now cause even if Phil worked a night job, at least I wouldn't be alone! Have a kid! hahaha jk
I'm sorry. It's such a hard adjustment. You'll just have to come to mom and dad's more often starting in Jan so we can hang out all the time and you can keep me company while Jeff's gone!!!
Other advice - find a class to take; or an aerobic class, a hobby, something for yourself to help keep you busy.
You could go all Karen Walker. ;)
haha! i love the cat lady idea! I think you should go for it! but if you are going to do it you can't leave out the blue hair & fallen down knee highs! That was too hilarious!! That's why I love you!! :)
Post a Comment